We’re in the midst of a national emergency that requires all our support and prayers. Effective immediately our church is taking the following steps – both of suspending and extending ministry.
Here are changes – effective until at least Monday, April 6.
- Worship is suspended. The pastors will continue to provide a weekly sermon, which will be posted to our podcast page each Sunday.
- Easter will not be celebrated April 12. We are planning a glorious celebration for May 3, culminating in the Annual Spring Brunch, featuring our Legacy Circle honorees.
- All in-person ministry is suspended: small groups, Board meetings, pastoral visits (except emergency).
- Telephone and Internet-based ministry continues: pastoral care, planning, teleconference meetings, ENews, etc.
- Joanne and Ken ask all small groups to use this time to personally call and care for those beyond their groups (CitF members and local neighbors).
The Church Board reminds everyone that CitF is very much at work during this emergency, and needs your financial support. You may pay your pledge or make a donation, secure and on-line, by clicking here.
You are a cloud of witnesses to past national crises and challenges: wars, polio, financial crashes, natural disasters. Your faith in the Lord brought you through those times. Bless us all now, by sharing that wisdom, pluck and faith that brought you through those days!
(If you want to write down your stories of resilience and faith, and send those to me, I’d be grateful. With your permission, I might use them in future sermons and ENews.)